Interested in joining our Catechetical Team? Have a passion for instructing our young ones in the faith and sharing the love of Christ with them? Have a heart for building young Christian communities?
If so, consider being a Catechist!
Want to know more about our Catechism Classes, click here!
- Catholic adults 21 years and above
- Actively practicing the faith and be in good standing with Mother Church
- Must be willing to sign a legal document of Professional Standard that seek to protect the children
- Must be willing to primarily share the love of Christ to the children
- Must be willing to undergo training in the art of Catechesis and be prepared to constantly update one's faith and approach to it.
We also welcome young individuals who are keen to assist in Catechesis. They will be primarily be involved in Administrative duties and be given opportunities to lead catechetical sessions under supervision of a main adult catechist.
Jr Catechist are required to attend regular formation sessions that will continue to nourish and deepen their own faith journeys.
Unable to commit to regular weekly sessions?
Our Catechetical Office also recruits volunteers that can serve as facilitators, logistical support or be part of the music team that serves at our annual retreats.
- Primary 6 Retreat (3rd Week of October)
- Secondary 1 Kerygma Retreat (1st Week of June)
- Secondary 2 Charismatic Retreat (Last week of November)
- Secondary 3 Mission and Young Evangelizers Retreat (3rd Week of March)
The Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (CGS) is a Liturgy and Scripture based faith-formation process framed by the Montessori approach to education to fulfill the need of the young child to “Help me draw close to God by myself.” It is fully endorsed by the Catholic Archdiocese of Singapore. We are always in need of catechists happy to work with young children and journey with them in Faith - to “become like little children” in the special place where we hold our sessions - the Atrium.
A CGS Formation Retreat is a 5 full-day retreat and catechist preparation programme:
- where the adult learns to become more attuned to the religious life of young children, since 3-6 yr olds readily receive and enjoy the most essential elements of Faith
- where specific methods are presented on how to work with carefully selected multi-sensorial and doctrinal material in the prepared environment called the Atrium
- where useful guidelines are given to help the young child develop an intimate and personal relationship with Jesus, the Good Shepherd
- where adults themselves re-visit their own Faith with a fresh perspective, to be child-like in receiving proclamations, and in the process deepen their own relationship with Jesus
To know more about the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, please click here.