1. 33 Days to Morning Glory
This is a 6-sessions programme designed to set our hearts on fire with love of God and neighbor, and to inspire us to works of mercy in our families, parishes, and communities.Are you eager to learn more about this blessed “secret”? Then, join us in this 33-day journey to consecration to Mary, using the spiritual wisdom of four giants of Marian spirituality. Each day, we learn the “secrets” of drawing closer to the Heart of Jesus through the Heart of Mary.
2. A Biblical Walk through the Mass
“A Biblical Walk through the Mass” is a 5-part series DVD-based study by Dr. Edward Sri that takes readers on a Scriptural tour through the prayers, hymns, and rituals of the liturgy. Practically every part of the Mass finds its inspiration from Scripture. Therefore, the more we understand the biblical background to the Kyrie, the Gloria, and other prayers in the liturgy, the more we will be able to enter into all that we say and do in the Mass. This study is based on the 2011-revised translation of the Mass.
3. First Corinthians: The Church and the Christian Community
The Church and the Christian Community is a 11-sessions DVD-based Bible study by Dr. Tim Gray. In this study, we will learn about the early Christians in Corinth, and see how their struggles and challenges were not so different from our own. We will see how St. Paul addressed these struggles by introducing the Corinthians to God’s greatest gift: the Eucharist.
4. Pillar I: The Creed
This twelve-part program explores the second section of the Catechism of the Catholic Church, Sacraments. Pillar I: The Creed provides the foundation needed to begin the four-part journey through the complete Pillars series. The Creed opens up the structure of the Catechism and shows how it is far more than a list of “faith facts,” but instead a sure map for their journey of faith. For group or private study. Your Group Will: Learn why the Catechism should be treated less like a fact book and more like a roadmap for our faith journey
- Learn what God's "innermost secret" is and how we're called to participate in it.
- See that our journey of faith is one from "Blessing to Blessing," that the God who made us wills that we return to him.
- Discover how the Catechism can be seen as a new catechesis for the New Evangelization.
- Learn how what we believe emerges from the living story of salvation history.
- Discover the role the angels play in aiding our salvation, and how they are truly present to us...and much more!
5. Psalms: The School of Prayer
With Psalms: The School of Prayer, The Great Adventure moves from telling the Story to making it personal. While the historical books of the Bible recount God's creative and redemptive acts in history, the Psalms reveal Israel's response to God's covenant offer and serve as a model for our response to Him. Indeed, one could say that the historical books tell the "outside" of the story of Israel by giving an historical perspective, while the Psalms tell the "inside" story, which comes from the deeply personal perspective of one who is seeking God. Our communication with God is enhanced by a deeper understanding of the book of Psalms and of the individual psalms that reside in each of our hearts. Your Group Will:
- Discover a rich school of prayer for all life's circumstances.
- Experience the transforming power of the responsorial psalms in the Mass.
- Learn how to visualize the psalms in order to empower their meditation.
- Study the many ways the Psalms foretell the life and mission of Jesus.
- See how the Psalms can empower your prayer to become an honest and personal dialogue with God.
6. Quick Journey Through the Bible
“The Great Adventure – A Quick Journey through the Bible” is an 8-part series designed to help Catholics learn to read and study the Bible. In “A Quick Journey through the Bible”, Jeff Cavins teaches a system that lets participants link different and familiar stories into a comprehensive timeline: the history of God’s love for us. This DVD-based programme gives a bird’s eye view of salvation history, from Genesis, through the resurrection of Christ, to the establishment of the Catholic Church.
Spiritual Director : Fr Clifford Augustine, OFM
For more information on the next run of any course, or to register, please visit the Little Rock Bible Ministry website.