|All weekday and weekend masses remain suspended until further notice. |
For more updates and to subscribe to our daily video content, please visit: http://go.stmary.sg/
Join us for the Daily Liturgy of the Word.
|Date||Solemnities, Feasts & Memorials|
|26 February||Ash Wednesday|
Please be advise that the Adoration Room
will be CLOSED until further notice.
You can proceed to the main church hall for your prayers.
*Suspension of Catechism Classes*
With the recent situation of the COVID-19 virus, the Archbishop has decided to SUSPEND all catechism classes - Primary, Secondary, CLOW, RCIC, CGS - until further notice as a safety precaution to protect our children.
However, if your child should display fever or flu-like symptoms even after the suspension period, please do not come for class and seek medical advice.
We will continue to monitor the situation on our end and update you of any changes if necessary.
In the meanwhile, do remind the children to maintain a high level of hygiene and to take all necessary precautions when going out.
Let us also pray for those who have been suspected of or confirmed with the virus, that the good Lord will watch over them.
Thank you. God bless!
For more information,
In view of the COVID-19 outbreak, please be advised that
Gubbio Cafe and Sanctuary@Gubbio
will be CLOSED until further notice.
Thank you for your patronage.
Prayers are offered:
1. For church leaders everywhere during this Week of Prayer for Christian Unity; That they may work together and promote unity among Christians.
2. For those in financial need; To have a breakthrough to pay for daily food and living expenses, hospital bills, housing load and clear their debts.
3. For those parents grieving for the loss of their child; May our Lord comfort and hold them in their sorrow and sustain them through their grief. And for all departed, souls and those souls in Purgatory; May they find eternal rest and peace in the Lord.
4. For those going through chemo/radiotherapy for cancer; May our Lord strengthen them with hope and grant them endurance and patience.
5. For couples who yearn to conceive, and for those praying for the safe delivery of mother and child.
6. For singles who are praying to find their right partner in marriage.
7. For a harmonious environment in our neighbourhood; May our Lord help us to be patient with others, and may we be peace- loving and persevering.
Here are some thanksgiving letters received by St Clare’s Ministry. We celebrate as one body of Christ when a member of our family rejoices each time a prayer is answered.
Let us never lose sight of those who are not able to rejoice, remembering that Christ loves us all and hears all our prayers.:
1. Thank you Lord for hearing our prayers and blessing us with a baby.
2. Thank you for everything I have. God, thank you for my whole family whom you protect and bless.
3. Thank you Lord for the gift of life. I am so grateful to Jesus for being a part of my life.
Commencing on 7th Jan 2020, works will be underway to repair several areas around the church. Due to the extensive nature of the works and for the safety of our parishioners, a few areas around the church will be affected and cordoned off.
In the process of these works, it is regrettable that certain arrangements like weddings and the use of the wake room may be affected. However, we will try our best to accommodate requests and to minimise disruptions. So, we seek the patience and understanding of
parishioners as we work towards restoring God’s house here at St Mary’s.
There will be NO ACCESS to the Peace Garden, the ramps to La Verna wake rooms will be closed alternatively. Extensive hacking and drilling works will be carried out to get to the base layer to rewaterproof the base, replace and realign the sky lights slabs, repair the cracks and drainage along the walkways in the Peace Garden. Unfortunately, the wear and tear are affecting the Columbarium as well. Access to the skylights and structures holding the skylights will be from the Columbarium and so parts of the Columbarium maybe cordoned off at times. We estimate this to last about 6 months. In the schedule of works, we may experience construction noise in February and March. This may affect wakes if La Verna is booked during this time. No hard works will take place in the weekends. Works will take place mainly on weekdays.
ST CLARE HALL
We will be replacing the air-conditioning units in St Clare Hall. This involves the replacement of the condenser units, the replacement of the ducting and copper pipes that are concealed in the false ceiling in the hall, lowering the old units and disposing them. We will have to cut open the false ceiling, remove the old ducting and old copper pipes and replace them. Unfortunately, the St Clare Hall will need to be closed. We estimate the time frame for this to be between 9th March and 27th March. All these works were prior approved and scheduled by Friar Clifford who served as the appointee by the Franciscans and the Parish. They are taking place because it is overdue and after 20 years we cannot allow the gift of the property to deteriorate further. It perhaps is timely as we celebrate our Jubilee and a reminder that these works “to repair my Church” is a physical reminder that we all need to repair the living body of Christ, we his church. Perhaps we could do this by our understanding, patience and forgiveness in the inconvenience we may experience!
Pax Et Bonum